You can apply for a CHNW Cascade Select plan through Washington Healthplanfinder as long as you’re not yet eligible for Medicare (age 65+ or with certain disabilities) and you live in the CHNW plan coverage area. You must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully present immigrant.
Depending on how much you earn, you may qualify for financial help to reduce your premiums and out-of-pocket costs when you buy health insurance coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder. There are three main ways to get financial help.
- Tax credits: A federal “premium tax credit” reduces your monthly premium payments for insurance plans purchased through health insurance marketplaces such as Washington Healthplanfinder. The tax credit is available to individuals and families with incomes between the federal poverty line and 400 percent of the federal poverty line. You’ll see if you’re eligible for tax credits when you apply for a plan through Healthplanfinder.
- Cost-share reductions: Some people who receive tax credits may also qualify for cost-share reductions. These reduce the amount you have to pay at the time you get health care, such as when you go to the doctor’s office or when you get lab tests. To qualify, your income must be below 250% of the federal poverty line, and you must choose a Silver plan*. When you fill out your application on Washington Healthplanfinder, the cost of each health plan you see will automatically include the amount of financial help you may qualify for.
- Medicaid: People with lower incomes may qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Apple Health (Medicaid). Visit the Washington State Health Care Authority website for eligibility requirements. CHNW’s Cascade Select partner, Community Health Plan of Washington, contracts with the state to provide Apple Health coverage.
*American Indians and Alaska Natives can also qualify to get cost-sharing reductions when you enroll in a Bronze or Gold plan.
When to Enroll
- The 2021 open enrollment period for coverage starting February 1 ended on January 15, 2021.
- You may be able to sign up during a special enrollment period outside the open enrollment period due to certain life changes or special circumstances, such as losing other health coverage. Read more about special enrollment periods on the Washington Health Benefit Exchange website.
We know that every person and every situation is different. If you’re not sure which plan is right for you, reach out to one of our health plan experts. They can you help find coverage that best fits your health care needs. Our Cascade Select health plan experts are available at 1-833-993-0181 (TTY Relay: Dial 711) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.