Enroll now during Special Enrollment Period!
Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, the State of Washington is offering additional time for people to enroll in health insurance plans through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WAHBE). The new Special Enrollment Period is from February 15, 2021 to May 15, 2021 for anyone seeking health coverage. Enroll by the 15th of the month for coverage starting the next month.
Certain life changes or special circumstances may qualify you for the Special Enrollment Period.
Examples of qualifying life events:
Adding a dependent or becoming a dependent
Losing other health coverage
(i.e., job loss, divorce, loss of Washington Apple Health coverage, etc.)
Permanently moving to Washington State, or to a new county within the state
See the WAHBE website for more information on Special Enrollment Periods and qualifying events.
How Can I Enroll?
Over the phone
Our state-licensed experts will help you enroll through Washington Healthplanfinder, the state’s online health insurance marketplace, over the phone. We can discuss your coverage needs, eligibility for subsidies, and plan options, and answer any questions you might have.
Just call 1-833-993-0181 (TTY Relay: Dial 711) from 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We’ll make sure you ask the right questions and get all the answers and information you need to make the best decision for yourself. And we can guide you through every step of the way to enroll in a plan. Navigating the health care coverage process can be complicated. We try our best to make it easy for you.
Enrollment in a CHNW Cascade Select plan is done through Washington Healthplanfinder.
How to enroll via Healthplanfinder
- Create an account and fill out the application.
- On Group settings page, click green “Get Plan Recommendations” button in lower right.
- On the next page, fill out a brief Health Profile, then click “Continue” to see list of plan options based on your information.
- If you don’t see a CHNW plan among the options, click “View All Plans’ button at bottom of page.
- On the “Browse and Compare Plans” page, click on the “Filter By” tab and scroll down to select “Insurance Company.” Choose Community Health Network of Washington to see available CHNW plans.
- You’ll see your estimated monthly premium (the amount after tax credits, if any) for each plan and whether the plan qualifies for lower out-of-pocket costs.
- Select a plan, then click “Finalize Plan” to confirm.
- Follow instructions to pay first premium bill.
The process can be a bit lengthy, but don’t worry! Our state-licensed experts can help complete the enrollment for you. Call us at 1-833-993-0181 (TTY Relay: Dial 711) from 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To contact Healthplanfinder Customer Support, call 1-855-923-4633 (TTY: 1-855-627-9604), Monday – Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.