Web Privacy Statement and Policy
When you browse our website, the site gathers no personally identifiable information about you. Examples of your personally identifiable information include your name, Social Security number, address, telephone number, race/ethnicity, language, account number, employment, medical history, health records, claims information, etc.
We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you complete and submit an online information request form or complete an online survey. In both cases, we capture only the information that you give to us. If you submit an online information request, we will use your information only to fulfill your request. Participation in online surveys is voluntary and will not impact your health care coverage or benefits or your eligibility for benefits. CHNW may use your responses to our surveys to improve services and may use aggregated survey results in marketing or advertising materials. We will not use your personally identifiable information for marketing purposes without your permission.
We might release personally identifiable information you submit to us on this site in these cases:
- We do sometimes share information that you enter with our trusted business partners, who have agreed to follow our privacy policies.
- We will release specific information about you to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order.
- We may also release specific information in special cases, such as if there is an attempted breach of the security of our website, or a threat of harm to you or others.
- We may also use information you give us to help improve our site’s usability.
- We may use or disclose individually identifiable health information as described in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Non-personally identifiable information and the use of cookie technology
We collect non-personally identifiable information through the use of “cookie” technology and/or IP address tracking. Non-personally identifiable information might include the browser you use, the type of computer, smartphone, or other device you are using, your operating system, your Internet service provider, and other similar information. Your member ID number or profile information is not stored in cookies.
We use such information in the aggregate to understand how our users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our site. When we say we use the information in the aggregate, that means that information from a group of individuals has been compiled and processed so that no one individual’s information can be isolated. We study aggregate information to learn which areas of cascadeselect.org are most popular, which areas need improvement, and what technologies are being used so that we may improve cascadeselect.org.